Linking your PAN card and your Aadhar card is a mandatory function. This helps in tracking your financial activity and hence maintaining a record more efficient for the government.
There are 2 ways to link PAN card with Aadhar:
1) Through the Income Tax e-filing website.
2) Via SMS.
Let’s see how we can link PAN card with Aadhar, online:
1. Go to the income tax site, https://eportal.incometax.gov.in.
2. Go to ‘Quick Links’ and click on ‘Link Aadhar’
3. Enter the necessary details, such as Aadhar number, Date of Birth etc.
4. Enter the Captcha.
5. Press ‘Link Aadhar’.
Now let’s see how we can link PAN card with Aadhar by SMS:
1. Type UIDPAN, your Aadhar number, your PAN number.
2. Send it to 567678 or 56161.